Tuesday, November 8, 2011

PT class makes me tired

Yesterday in my intro to PT class we did a massage therapy workshop. So of course we don't get to get the massages we have to give them. We spent like an hour learning different techniques and then applying those techniques to our patient..who was just one of our teachers students from her program. It was pretty active and fun workshop, but it made me tired. I had a lot of fun and learned some interesting things too. The last technique we learned is called the Miofacia release or skin roll. Basically we have our skin and then a fascia layer and then our muscle. Our skin and muscle are supposed to slip across the fascia layer, but due to a few things like dehydration, diet and just differences in everyone's bodies. But in the fascia layer is where fat stores and if our skin and muscle are stuck to it it is very hard to release and lose that fat. So you grab a roll and roll it down and that helps unstick the layers. It is pretty cool. But after you need to drink a lot of water to get the fat into the system. And then of course you need to exercise to lose it. It's pretty cool, but it hurts like heck. Especially when you can roll it anymore then you have to like massage it down. It's just not a comfortable experience. So that was Pt class yesterday. I really enjoy that class. it is a very small class and my teacher is awesome and we just have a lot of fun.
  Then last night we didn't have internet so I watch Grey's Anatomy with my host brother and we just talked about the field trip I'm taking this weekend and fun stuff like that. It was a good relaxing day yesterday. Now today we are going somewhere for my Alternative Health Class so that'll be interesting also. It's crazy to think but I only have 50 days left until I'm back in the states and only 40 days here in Costa Rica. Time sure does fly sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment