Friday, November 4, 2011

WEEKEND!!!!

 this fruit is called granadilla


My cross stitch:)

   Well this week has been a pretty good week. It went by pretty fast. I am surprised sometimes how fast the time does go by even when I don't have a whole lot to do. I do have a good amount of time to read and just relax.  On Wednesday of this past week it marked 8 weeks until I get back home and 10 weeks that I have been in Costa Rica. I cannot believe how fast the time goes sometimes. One thing I do need to be better and do more is speak spanish. Without a spanish class and staying at my house more I don't speak as much and so I'm kind of in a stand still at my learning. I'm not really getting any worse, but I'm not getting any better which is kind of bumming me out. I try speaking to my family but a lot of time during they day they aren't here to speak to. But it's okay I'll figure it out. I just need to find someone to speak to or I'll just read lots of spanish books maybe. We'll see what happens. 
    In my Alternative Health Approaches class on Thursday we made like these little homeopath things for ourselves. Mine has stuff for cold sores, alertness, soreness in muscles, and acid in stomach. It was quite interesting to make.  
   On Wednesday Crystal and I went to the movies again. Because on Wednesdays it's a 2 for 1 tickets so it's like only $4 for both tickets which is really nice. We watched Source Code. It was a pretty interesting movie. And it was just a lot of fun going to the movie and relaxing after a good day at school.  
   Oh you see that weird looking fruit up there^^ that is called is called Granadilla. It is interesting. The inside is all mushy and has seeds that are kind of crunchy like a good pumpkin seed. It doesn't taste bad it is just a strange fruit. Costa Rica has some interesting fruit and veggies.  But I tried it and was pleasantly surprised by the taste.  
  I FINISHED MY CROSS STITCH!!! Like 3+ years later I finally finished it. I am super happy! I feel accomplished. And it looks pretty cool. I'm excited to frame it and get it hung up.  YAYAYYAYAY!!!!!
  This weekend I am going to Arenal which is a volcano and then a town called Monteverde. During the weekend we are going to the hot springs, a waterfall, zip lining and so much more. I'm super excited for this weekend. This is the weekend I have been looking forward to like since I got here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment