Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!!

 My roommate fights Julian...we both had the opportunity to get some sparring action in

 and he goes in for the kill

 learning to cut oranges like a true tica

 very strange knife....

Known as Real Steel in english....saw this movie this weekend 

   I love this time of year. It has Halloween, Thanksgiving, my birthday, Curtis' Birthday, Christmas, and New Years. It is always a fun time celebrating the holidays. I love all of the decorations that go up for each holiday, I love the feeling of everyone happy and enjoying themselves, I love the feeling of the seasons changing, but more importantly it is a time of family and friends getting together and enjoying each others company. I am sad I will be missing out on all of this this year, but it does make me more grateful for what I have and how much I have and all the blessings I have. I love my family and friends. But.... HAPPPYYY HALLOOWWWEEENNNN!!!  I love Halloween it has always been a fun time since I can remember and brings back some very great memories. I am a little sad that I will be missing it, but what can you do? I guess mostly for me I miss the feel and the decorations of Halloween. They don't really decorate things here so I haven't seen any Halloween decorations and I don't watch tv so I haven't gotten to see any fun Halloween movies. But it's all good today we are bring Halloween to us. A few of my friends and I are going to go to the store and buy a pumpkin/watermelon whatever is most available and carve it while watching Nightmare Before Christmas. It is going to be a fun little experience for us so I'm excited.  
   Well let's see my life has gotten about a billion times more easier and I feel like such a bum now. Last week was my first week with only electives so I don't have any mornings classes anymore....which is kind of a bummer because I don't talk as much spanish, but I'm trying to substitute not being in class for speaking with my mamita, but sometimes she's not here or she's busy....well anyways to add to not having morning class my only class on Mon/Wed last week was also cancelled because my professor was away for a conference. So I only had classes on Tue/Thur and half the time I didn't know what to do with myself. I did go running more before it rained and did some workouts which was nice because before anytime I did have time it started down pouring on me. So that was nice. I also had a lot of time to do my crosstitch which I would like everyone to know I AM ALMOST DONE!  I think I'll have it done by the end of this week(fingers crossed)!!  But with this free time it does give me the chance to read the scriptures more and hopefully if I keep studying my spanish Book of Mormon that will help my spanish also. Another plus of having all this free time is I feel like I've had more time to talk to Curtis. He is just amazing and so patient with me. Talking to him everyday is one of the best parts of all of my days. 
   So Friday we went to Jessica's mama's restaurant and got some tasty food and dessert and boy oh boy was it DELICIOUS!!  I got Pad Thai which is basically my favorite dish, I love love love it! And it was so tasty then for dessert I had some chocolate ice cream. It was just a nice time to go out and enjoy ourselves and bond. After a very delicious dinner we went to Crystal's house and watched Nacho Libre. Jessica and her friend that came to visit love that movie and she had been quoting it lots so Crystal brought it back from the states with her. Oh I don't know if everyone knows but Jaymeson and Crystal are getting MARRIED!  I can finally say that without worrying. I am so excited for them!!! And they are going to live in the valley so I'll get to spend lots of time with them...how great is that?!?!
   So Saturday Crystal and I were good students and we went to the school and did homework for a good while...meanwhile I almost froze to death because the school thinks it's a good ideas to keep the computer rooms bellow zero. After our little study/homework sesh we went to this mall and had lunch and were walking around looking and enjoying ourselves when we saw the movie theater and decided to check out the movies. Then we were like what the heck let's watch a movie. I didn't really know what any of the movies were besides the one scary one on there and I was NOT watching that one. And since we don't watch tv we never see commercials for movies so had no idea what any were about besides the Gigantes de Acero (up above picture^^^^) because Jaymeson told Crystal about it and he LOVED it. At first I was a little skeptical about it because I mean it looks like a total boy movie...I mean I didn't think it would be bad but I didn't think it would be a great movie either....but oh man was I wrong. I really really liked the movie. and the plus was that it was in English with Spanish subtitles. During the movie I felt like I was back in the states.
   Then yesterday we went to church and it was just a great time. I learned a lot and can keep my Spanish gospel vocabulary growing slowly.  I love the church. It is so wonderful. No matter where you are in the world, even if half the time you can't understand what is being said it is the same. The messages are the same, the spirit is the same, and the people are always so kind and welcoming. 
   Hope you all have a great week!! Eat some candy corn for me! I LOVE YOU ALL

p.s I just found the Joseph Smith-Prophet of the Restoration movie. I love this movie! Brings me back to spending some good time in the visitor center at the Mesa Temple after doing baptisms! If any of you haven't seen it do it! It's awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment