Thursday, September 15, 2011

the adventures keep on coming

 This is Jaymeson's girlfriend, Crystal.  We FINALLY made it to the temple!

Faces of relief to have finally found it. It is so beautiful

The most beautiful, wonderful place in the world. No matter what country you are in it is exactly the same

The little girl to the right in the center is my mama tica's great granddaughter, Sophia. This is part of the Independence day Celebrations

Little Sophia. She is precious

Some more of the Independence Day celebrations. 

      The past two days have been full of all sorts of adventures.  Yesterday after school Crystal and I wanted to go find the temple and we made an appointment to do baptisms.  So Crystal asks her mama tica for directions by bus.  We leave and get on a bus at 4.  Since yesterday was the day before Independence Day and we left at rush hour time it was busy so it took a while to get to the stop where we needed to get off and get on another bus.  We finally get to that place and then try to find the next bus. Well Crystal asked one bus driver and he seemed sketch but we didn't know what else to do so we got on.  After being on the bus for like an hour and being stuck in traffic we found out that we were going the wrong way so we got off.  We asked this lady what bus to take and she told us to walk down the street a ways and catch this certain bus.  In which we had to cross the busy road that didn't have a cross walk.  Well none of the buses there would take us where we wanted to go so we went back to the place we were at before and asked someone else. Meanwhile we both said a little prayer for guidance and protection We got told to take a bus that should come by there.  We waited for a good 30 min and by this time it's almost 6. Crystal asked this nice guy next to us to make sure we knew what we were doing and then we started talking to him for a while, but then his wife came and he left.  About a min later he came back and offered us a ride to the temple.  He was literally an answer to our prayers.  It was such a blessing. He and his little family were amazing and so cute.  We had angels watching over us throughout all of these adventures it was made very clear to us.  When we finally arrived to the temple I felt so relieved. I almost teared up. It was amazing walking in and feeling like I was at home.  No matter where you are in the world going to the temple is exactly the same.  It is incredible and just a strong testimony to me that the gospel is true. We were able to do baptisms with a little ward there.  The ladies were afraid for our safety getting back home and they found someone who was going our way to drive us.  He was a very funny nice man and his wife and daughter and her fiance.  The man was mission president for Honduras and her fiance served in Honduras.  It was great talking to them.  Well then they dropped us off. We found a taxi and made it home. I walked into my house at 10 pm.  6 hours later I arrived home.  And my mama tica had dinner at the table waiting for me.  She is just amazing. I was thankful to have made it and do the baptisms and make it safely.  We were truly blessed and watched over that day. 
   Today was Independence Day here in Costa Rica and actually in all of central america. I went with my mama tica and her family to go see her great granddaughter at her school do a little play thing.  It was really fun. There were lots of little kids and some older ones who participated in the activities.  There was dancing and singing and food and just a lot of fun.  It was a cool cultural experience.  It made me miss everyone because my tica family is so close and they are so cute and in ways remind me of my family. The rest of the day I just relaxed and enjoyed my day off. Only one more day of school this week! Yay yay ya

No comments:

Post a Comment