Tuesday, September 13, 2011

el fin de semana en Tamarindo

Janet, Alysha and I are getting ready to take on some waves!

The group who went out surfing in Tamarindo or at least tried to

Me and my boogie board:)

Made this for my little sweetness. Always thinking about him

Nothing better than a good jumping picture...especially into a pool

Nothing better than a game of phase ten to top off a long day spent at the beach

I don't know if you can tell but this is a hermit crab. Can you guess what he decided to make his shell?...yes that is definitely a bottle cap. Look how creative this little guy got. We loved him

All the jewelry I bought this weekend. The ring is exactly what I was looking for! I wanted to buy a ring and it just popped at me when I saw it. It is jade apparently only found in Guatemala.

Beautiful Pacific sunset

This is a way cool photo album I bought at the Artisan market today in San José. It is made entirely out of natural things. It is the coolest thing and this one just spoke to me and I had to buy it.

      This past weekend we went to Tamarindo which is on the Pacific side of Costa Rica.  It was a great trip. We left Friday at one.  I left my house a tiny bit late and was the last one on the bus...ooops.  The bus ride was a long one and I did the nice head bobbing thing when I was falling asleep but I finally got some sleep and finally we arrived.  Our hotel there was way cool and it had a huge pool which was a major plus!  Once we got in of course we were starving so a group of us headed off to find some food.  But most of the people wanted to eat at this place that was supposed to have wings but my friend Janet and I decided we wanted something different so we explored and found this cute Italian restaurant.  The waiter was quite excited we went there. Part of the restaurant was on the beach which is where I wanted to eat (of course) and since no one was there I picked the table closest to the ocean.  We were probably about 50 yards from the ocean.  And when I say no one was there I mean no one it was great.  And the food was AWESOME! During our dinner the waiter was kind enough to bring us bug spray.  And then we found hermit crabs.  One guy decided to make his shell out of a bottle cap.  There is a picture above.  We would be eating and see one and then run and play with him.  The meanwhile this cat I had fed a few pieces of meat decided to be sneaky and try to get some food while our backs were turned but he didn't succeed thankfully.  After dinner we took a nice swim for about an hour and then relax watching some tv.
        On Saturday we spent the whole day at the beach.  A bunch of the group decided to try out surfing, but I decided to stick with the boogie board.  We spent all morning in the water facing the waves and I made my little picture out of shells.  I probably looked like a five year old running around finding cute shells and then running to my towel to put them away.  I had a lot of fun though.  For lunch we had sushi and it was DELICIOUS!!  After that we went back to the beach for a few more hours, but the sun began to take it out of us.  After returning our boards I saw this nice lady selling jewelry and that is where I saw my ring and fell in love.  She made the whole thing herself too. I just love it.  After beaching it up all day we decided it would be a good refresher to go in the pool so spent some time doing that and then got ready for dinner.  guess what we had for dinner....yup sushi again. They were having a 2for1 deal so we couldn't pass that up.  After dinner a bunch of people went out but a group of like 5 of us decided to play some phase 10.  We spent about 2 hours doing that. Then I went to the room and watched SNL and passed out to that.
       Sunday we woke up and did a little browsing around the different shops around the town.  One the beach this lady was selling a bunch of necklaces and bracelets and that's where I bought those two bracelets.  She was very sweet and we had a good little chat.  After we took a little dip in the pool and then packed it up for the long bus ride home.  Bus ride was long and uneventful and finally I got home.  
     Monday was a good day.  I woke up to a little bird singing outside my window again.  He just wants to be my friend I think.  Class was kind of long.  We have a sub for this week and our sub is very nice and sweet but she is kind of boring and so for 4 hours it's hard to pay attention especially when my brain starts to wander off in english and she is talking in spanish.  After I played some good soccer.  And I don't know if you all know but Jaymeson's girlfriend Crystal is at the same University as I am here and so we hang out and talk occasionally.  Well we decided to start running so yesterday went for a nice 30 min run. Which made me way sore by the way.  That night went to self defense which the guy made us to a lot of cardio.  So I got my cardio in yesterday.  
     Today was a great day also.  School was good and a little more interesting at times.  Then with a bunch of my friends we went to a supermarket where I bought some lunch foods so I don't have to spend money on food every day.  After Crystal and I were going to run but the rain decided otherwise.  A little later my two friends and I walked to the Artisan market where I bought a few cute things.  I bought this way cute bag and also that photo album above which I LOVE LOVE LOVE.  It is so great.  Later Crystal and I went on a nice 20 min run.  It's been so nice having her here. She is awesome. Tomorrow we are going to find the temple. And go to church on Sunday.  Ohh also I got invited to do a bible club with a group of christians that are here.  I am excited for that.  Only problem I didn't bring my bible. I brought my book of mormon and my d&c but no bible.  Hopefully I can buy one tomorrow by the temple. We shall see.  Dinner was awesome.  Found out that in two weeks I will be getting a housemate.  So that will be interesting and fun.  I am excited to meet her.  Well so far it's been a great week.  I am excited for our adventures tomorrow.  Now it is time to finish my homework. Gotta love school!

2 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    Why is your "surf board" so little...???? hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah because I decided to boogie board rather than go surfing:)

    ReplyDelete