Sunday, September 18, 2011

Share your happiness (Comparta tu felicidad)

Basically holding hands with a Jaguar 

My little bird friend

Held hands/touched a sweet monkeys hand

Sweet monkey friend that held our hands. It was such a neat experience


An amazingly beautiful place I was able to visit 

I really was able to see this guy. This photo is credited to a friend though

The beauty of Costa Rica

We got to take a ride on these two cows around a little circle...oh the things I get to do here 

At the end of the of a wonderful day....This is our whole group. We are silly. We wanted to do like a one huge "prom" picture style picture ha


    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." This quote measures up my weekend. I had a wonderful wonderful weekend. Probably the best since I've been in Costa Rica.  On Friday we went on a little field trip to Pueblo Antiquo...which means Old Town. It's a place that is a replica of old San Jose.  It was a cool place and really interesting to see it all.  Later that day it decided to rain..no pour...no even better torrential downpour all afternoon.  Well of course we decided to go to a friends house during the extreme rain.  Basically umbrella did not help at all.  The drains under the road where making water come out of them like a little old faithful.  Meanwhile this car purposefully swerved over to the side of the road towards this huge river of water just to splash us.  And the whole time we were laughing and having a good time.  Well we had a nice little movie night/ chat session.  Of course we got hungry so we ventured out back into the torrential downpour for some delicious pizza.  Finally when we walked home the rain had stopped. But it was a wonderful night. 
   On Saturday we went to La Paz waterfall nature park.  It was AMAZING!! Definitely my favorite trip we took so far.  It was such a beautiful, amazing place.  Pictures almost don't do it justice.  We were able to see so many cool animals and butterflies.  I had a few butterflies land on me.  While we looked at the birds this tricky one almost pooped on some of the group.  I feel like it's a little game for birds to see if they can poop on people.  The monkeys were a lot of fun.  The one in the picture above we would say "venga, venga" and he came over and then we said "hola" and he stuck out his hand and we could hold it. It was such a neat experience.  Afterwards we went and saw the cats.  The huge jaguar we pretended to rub his belly and pet him and I think he might have liked it.  I wanted to take him home to be my pet he was cute.  Finally we went to the waterfalls. It was just incredible. We walked to  3 different waterfalls all along this cute path.  I am just amazed at the beauty of it all and started singing "For the Beauty of the Earth."  It was truly a wonderful day.
  Today Crystal and I went to church.  It was great and very challenging.  My spanish is getting better for sure and I usually understand most of what people say, but gospel words are not my forte so I struggled a little bit trying to soak it all in.  But all of the members are great, it is just this cute little branch. One lady particularly named Estefania(Stephanie) was super friendly and she was just my favorite. I look forward to continue getting to know her.  I was super happy to actually be able to attend church it has been forever it feels like since I went. And it amazes me how much it is exactly the same as at home. The gospel is true and I love it! Happy Sabbath all (even though it is almost over). I love you all

      p.s. I only put up a few pictures here it was really hard to decide which ones to put up because I took over a 100 this weekend, but if you want to see more I put them on my facebook under the album comptara tu felicidad 1&2 and also all the pictures I got tagged in. If you don't have facebook well I'll share all of them with you when I return to the states!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment