Saturday, September 24, 2011

Done!!

It's been a great great week. And to top it off I officially finished my first spanish class and we have a nice 3 day weekend. On Tuesday I start my second spanish class plus 3 electives.  It's going to actually feel like real college now I think....maybe not. But we'll see. My spanish is improving everyday and I'm learning a lot which is the biggest reason I am here in Costa Rica so that makes me happy.  But for my last day of class yesterday we just played games....well technically we had to do a presentation and our presentation was on a Costa Rican child game.  We had to present it by using commands and then we all played the games.  It was a good end to the class.  I'm going to miss my professor.  He is great and so much fun.  He made class interesting and always had us laughing. I hope at least I have some of the people from my class in my new class.  I really had a great class.

  Crystal and I went on a nice run this week but only one because we were pretty busy with all the last minute things for class we had to do like presentations and study for finals.  On Wednesday though I played soccer and it was a blast.  We began with a bunch of gringos but then invited these two tico boys that were just chilling near us and then later 3 more tico boys came in.  They were wearing like their school uniforms and dress shoes and they were playing with us and schooling us.  They were amazing. But oh boy was it great. I had so much fun and I was just laughing and smiling like the whole time.  I'm sure they thought I was a crazy american.

I have some great friends. My friends and I have done some more exploring around San Jose we walked to the artisan market today and I bought a few presents for the fam bam. And then after just walked around for a while. But I feel like I'm horrible at thinking of what to get people...especially for my dad and Curtis. Finding them something is going to be a little tricky I think.  But it's all good it makes it more fun and feeling of accomplishment when you actually find them something.  Also today my new housemate arrived.  Her name is Sara and she is from Chicago.  She seems very nice so I look forward to getting to know her a little more.  I guess she is going to go to church with Crystal and I tomorrow so that'll be a nice little fellowship thing for us.

Life here is great. I do miss you all a lot! Hope you have a great week and a great day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment