Saturday, October 1, 2011

A very long week

La Paz Waterfalls
Even though I already went here I decided it was worth it to go again with some of my best friends here

Monkey grabbed me with his tail and hand and like pulled me to the fence...this was the after thought picture. See how kind my friend Jessica is? She just laughs at me

Hold hands with the monkey

Butterfly and I became good friends. I basically saved his life

fierce kitty...just like Lola:)

Pure beauty of the waterfalls and Costa Rica

     Its been quite a long week, to me it's felt like it's been two weeks so I can't believe it has only been just one.  The week started off great! My best friends here and I went to La Paz Cataratas. The same place that I had gone the previous weekend, but I loved it so much I thought it was worth it to go again, especially with them. One the way there we got stuck behind an accident between a car and a motorcycle and of course the accident happened on a bridge that happened to be one way.  One of the guys on the motorcycle broke his leg and so we had to wait for the ambulance to come get him. In the mean time a huge line came behind us and a huge line on the other side of the bridge and all the people were very impatient so they would get out of their cars and see what was happened making a huge circle around the hurt guy. We saw all the animals and butterflies.  I even saw something I didn't see the first time I went...the sloths.  Lunch was great. It was a buffet and we definitely used that to our advantage. I ate so much and it was all delicious.  After lunch we went to the monkeys and while one monkey was sticking out his hand and we were talking to him and holding his hand this other very mean tricky monkey came behind me and grabbed me with his hand and tail and pulled me towards the fence.  It totally freaked me out, but it was also very hilarious.  I loved seeing all of the different animals and just the beauty of Costa Rica. It truly is amazingly beautiful here. It was a great day....helped me get through my week. 

On Tuesday we started our new classes and I started my electives.  So now I have my final spanish class which will end this month and I have that m-f 8-12.  My electives last the next three months and are only twice a week.  On Tu/thur I have Alternative Health Approaches from 3-5 and then Costa Rican Health Care System and Tropical Diseases 5-7.  M/W I have Intro to Physical Therapy from 3-5.  So this week Tuesdays and Thursday felt very very long. I guess I am more used to only one long day a week and all my days feel long but Friday.  I look forward to next month when I won't have classes at all on Fridays.  My new teacher is very nice, but she isn't animated at all and my last teacher was hilarious and always had us laughing.  In class we watched a movie called "Volver".  I guess all the other intermediate 2 classes got to watch it with english subtitles, but nope ours were in spanish....so I'm not totally sure all what happened during the movie, but I have some good guesses. It had a lot of dialogue and at some times it was hard to keep up.

Also to add to why this week felt so long on Wednesday I woke up feeling a little off and like super tired and throughout the day it got worse and worse. By the end of the day I felt very achy and had a huge headache. Then Thursday I felt better but still had a headache.  My headache still comes back now and again not totally sure why?  It's super weird because I hardly get headaches. And then my internet was down so I didn't get to talk to Curtis which was a bummer. It all just kind of added up, but oh well I guess. Its over and next week will be much better.

Crystal and I always went running again. Not as much as we wanted to, but we were super busy this week so hopefully we can get more in next week. I eat way more here than I do back home and if I'm not careful I'm going to come back with a few extra pounds on haha:)  Also yesterday her and I went to market and I got this cool thing in my hair. And of course when we decided to go it started to rain so we just walked in the rain...oh good ole rain.  Anyways I picked out what I wanted the design to look like and then the guy gets all the string he needs then he gets a little piece of my hair and wraps it around my hair. It looks really cool. I like it a lot. :)

Today we went and explored some more of San Jose and just did some browsing stores and just something to do.  Then I watched the Afternoon General Conference Session. I thought it was sooo good. Yesterday I read a little talk by Pres. Uchtdorf (I think) just saying that we all can find something for ourselves in each talk during General Conference.  I decided to make sure that was the same for me and I felt like every talk was just for me and it had so many good lessons and quotes in it. I just loved it. I'll have to watch the morning session tomorrow in between the two sessions.  And guess what....we plan on going over to Anisa's house pretty soon for a movie night...and it started raining. Any time we set a time to go somewhere or do something it starts raining. It's like the rain knows.  Tricky tricky rain.  

Well I'm going to leave soon. I hope you all have a great week. I love you all. Keep smiling :)


1 comment:

  1. I honestly dont think that even that kitty is more fierce than Lola!!!!

    ReplyDelete