Wednesday, September 7, 2011

vivir. reír. amar



Ohh you know just playing a little bit of hacky sack with my friends. Finding a variety of ways to keep myself active here. With how much I eat if I don't stay active I will come back 15 pounds heavier.

Later after our hacky sack activities I got caught in a massive pour down without an umbrella (of course) and was lucky enough to share with my friend Kiki.  But basically the only thing that stayed dry was the right side of my face and a tiny spot on my right shoulder.....everything else totally soaked. I came into my house and my mama tica was cracking up at me because I was so wet. I think the maid wasn't as happy because I probably got water all over the floor...oops!
 In class today we had a write a story in the past tense using the two tenses in spanish. My partner and I wrote ours on a giraffe playing soccer. It was a pretty epic story if I say so myself. My teacher probably thought we were just silly but he appreciated it I could tell in his eyes.
Today I found I was very grateful for my mama tica. She is so great and makes me feel more at home. Sometimes it is very hard to be away from everyone especially my sweetness.  Today was a particularly hard day for some reason. I am so grateful for skype also. It makes the distance bearable. I can see his cute face and hear his voice.  We are silly and lots of times will talk for a while but then we'll have to do homework so we start doing that and won't even talk. We have study dates over the computer. But it's just nice to be able to go see his face or know he is there. And he is so great and helps me with my homework.  I appreciate him and all he does for me.
But I am grateful for all the friends that I have made here. Everyone I have met has been so kind and welcoming. I appreciate all of them.
Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, we love you and miss you but we sure do love following you on your blog. Your doing a great job. Thanks for all the pictures!!! We will skype soon!!! loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad you are enjoying the pictures. I'll try to make sure that I keep putting them up. I think it's nice for everyone to see what I am up to and the different things that I see. It doesn't compare to real life but it's as close as we get right?
    I look forward to skyping. It's just the best I am so grateful for it. Have a great day. Love you

    ReplyDelete