Thursday, September 8, 2011

Un buen día

Today was a great day. I woke up this morning to this little birdy singing outside my window.  He was really cute, he had a little red head and black wings.  He just made my morning singing me a little song while I got ready for school.  I felt like I was in a fairy tale with all the little animal friends that sing and help you do chores haha.  We also had our first test today and I did well on it. I was pretty stoked about that because I am not going to lie I was a tiny bit worried about it.

Like the one things I have been craving is some chocolate milk and just haven't gone to the store to buy some and none of the restaurants I've eaten at have had it. So today during our break my friend came up to me with a little carton of chocolate milk...She knew how much I have been wanting that and so she bought it for me while they went on a little field trip.  Isn't that just the sweetest thing ever? I have made some great friends here. I also just got to say hi to my sweetness so that was great as well.  Skype has been such a blessing to me and I'm so grateful for it.

We watched this movie in class today called "El hijo de la Novia" (son of the bride).  It was pretty cute and had some good little messages.  But I'm not going to lie I teared up a few times.  In it the mom of the son is sick and in a nursing home.  And some parts just made me think of my grandma and how much I really miss her.  But then I get so thankful for the gospel and eternal families.  It is such a blessing to have that knowledge.  After class I went to this panadería and bought this awesome pastry.  Mmmm it was so delicious.  The owner lady was teaching me the names of all the different pastries, but of course I forgot like them all.  What I need to do is carry a piece of paper with me and write down different names of foods so that I will be able to remember them later.  That's the new plan.   

It rained again today. It rains basically every afternoon.  It is just so peaceful to lay on my bed and listen to the rain outside.  It is a very comforting sound.

Today was a great day.  And tomorrow we head to Tamarindo for the weekend.  So basically I'm going to spend all weekend at the beach. Can't get any better than that right?

Everybody "Do what makes you happy, Be with who makes you smile, Laugh as much as you breath, Love as long as you live" I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment