Friday, October 21, 2011

Panama craziness and life

 Waiting at the random hotel to take the bus to Panama

 The bridge at the border that we walked across from Costa Rica to Panama

 Water taxis to get to the island

 scenery during our walk through the jungle 

 little man log made bridge we crossed

 little beach we hung out at 

 Janet and I:)

 ohh you know just being a beach bum
more Panama scenery 

    Ohh wow do I have quite a lot to say so here I go. Okay so we planned on taking a bus to Panama at 6:00 a.m. I asked one of the director guys how to get to the bus station and all that. Well anyways we woke up before the sun ever woke up and I told the taxi driver those directions I was given. When we got to the bus station the guy told us that there wasn't a bus that went to where we needed to go. So that SUCKED! So we took a taxi to another bus station, but that bus didn't leave till noon and that wouldn't work because we needed to get to the border before it closed at 5 plus it was like $40 apposed to like $14.  So then we walked to this other bus station but they didn't have a bus that went there either. Well then we were talking to this taxi driver and he's like ohh no you go to this hotel right down the street and at 9 a bus comes and you just pay there. But before we finally found that out. One of the guys that I was with kept asking people about going to Panama so everyone assumed we wanted to go to Panama City so it was just a big big hassle. Finally I was like no tell them Boca del Toro and then BAM it all get figured out and we knew what to do. So we walked right up the road to the hotel and by this time it's like only 6:30 a.m. SO we waited till the bus came. got on payed. Well after a few hour drives these few guys got off the bus. And just grabbed their bags(so we thought) and got off. Well all of the sudden this guy starts freaking out. The guys who just got off the bus stole his bag....which had his passport in it. So he had to get off the bus and try to find them or go back to San Jose to the embassy because he can't cross the border without it. That was a major bummer for him I felt really bad. So after 5 hours we made it to the border. We did all the standing in lines and getting stamped, crossed the sketchy bridge and on the Panama side had to buy our return ticket and then stood in more lines and finally these guys like shoved us in vans and were like if you don't get in these then you won't make it to the water taxis on time...oh by the way they are $10. I wasn't happy about that. so we got to the water taxis to go to the island. Well it was only like a 30 min boat ride, but of course it was raining and foggy and hard to see....so guess what happens? Our boat gets lost at sea for about 2 hours. Ya that was just awesome. When we finally made it to the island this really nice guy walked us to our hostel and then helped us figure everything out. He was awesome. Then we went to the store and I got some tasty water and cup of noodles. Then I of course called Curtis...because can't go a night without talking to him:) Then I passed out! I needed some good sleep and I wasn't waking up till my body was good and ready. 
     Well the next day I woke up after a nice long sleep....I was ready to go be a beach bum! Well one of the guys we were with couldn't get reservations in our hostel the first night so anyways he came by when we were all sleeping and decided it would be a good idea to get a haircut...ya I thought it was strange too. Well after 2 hours we started to get worried so we walked to the place and there he is still getting his haircut....ARE YOU KIDDING ME? and to top it off he didn't even have his stuff with him so he had to go get his stuff and bring it to our hostel before we could do anything. After getting settled we found a bus and headed like 30 min to this "beach"...it didn't really have sand so I don't call it a beach. But we found a nice little place and found some pretty sea shells....which I sent to Curtis so they are now officially in the USA haha.  Later that day we went out to dinner. We ate right on the water at this little restaurant. And right there the owner had a parrot who would sing and whistle and talk to us. I loved  him. That night we went out to this club right on the water and danced our little hearts away. We even were invited to join this like old people circle and dance with them. It was good good times. 
   So our last day on the island we took a tour. We went out dolphin watching and saw some of them...they were cute and having a lot of fun swimming in the wakes of the boats. After that we went snorkeling but half the time I just swam around. It was pretty but not as pretty as other places I've been snorkeling at.  Then we went to this like dock place where we were supposed to eat but I didn't have enough money and didn't want to spend that much money so I read and tanned. After everyone ate we went to this beach...which was actually a place I'd call a beach and we spent 2 hours there. The water here is glorious. It is never too cold and is just so refreshing. After that we headed back to the island. But on the way we saw a lot of little islands and tons and tons of green. It was sooo beautiful! It's incredible. But that night we all got together and made dinner together. We had pancakes and eggs. man was it tasty! then did some talking and bonding and when everyone went to bed I stayed downstairs and talked to Curtis for a while of course:) 
   So we left the next day we took the taxi and got to the bus and did all of the lines and getting our passports stamped...so thankfully my visa is all fixed and I can be in the country for another 90 days...well like 85 now! nice to get that done with. We made it back to San Jose. I told the taxi driver where we wanted to go and he was like ok it'll be $10 and I was confused because it wasn't that far of a drive but was like ok whatever. Well he told us that much because he thought I said Universidad Fedilitas but I said Unverisdad Veritas. But I even told him like the area we lived and all that too so I don't think he was listening to me when I told him that. But anyways he brought us back after a nice long detour and still only charged us $10 which was nice of him. 
   This week was my last week in a spanish class....sadly. But I have to take classes to my major and if I take another spanish class I have to pay like $500...totally bummer.  I will miss going to class and doing all that in the mornings but it will be nice to have time to run and be a bum. I will just spend more time talking to my mamita so that I can keep up with speaking spanish. Maybe I will find some ticos to speak to also. I got a 96 on my spanish final and a 95 in the class. I was pretty stoked about that! And today we gave presentations on bailes and my partner and I did cumbia. So we all did a little dancing in class and then left. This afternoon my friends and I went exploring and just trying to find a few things...because they are going to Panama . So we had a good time and of course before we can make it home...the downpour begins. Needless to say we got soaked. There has been intense amounts of rain lately. We haven't seen the sun in like 2 weeks...which is a major bummer. I hope it gets a little less rainy or like it used to be where it's sunny and warm during the morning and rains in the afternoons. So this weekend since all my friends are going to Panama, or Crystal who is now officially in the USA.  I'm just going to be a major bum, going to bake something tomorrow, try to find a dress I need online, and talk lots with my tica family.  It's going to be an awesome and very lazy weekend. Hope you all are having a great week! Have a lovely weekend! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment