Friday, November 18, 2011

Remember to Smile!

Us after the talent show

 This very cool tree with the leaves climbing up up. In Puerto Viejo

 Porcupine tree. In Puerto Viejo 

 Eating a tasty lunch. In Puerto Viejo
A delicious breakfast. In Puerto Viejo

 Our room in the coolest hostel 

 From the top of a pretty high tower. In Puerto Viejo

 just chilling at the hostel. In Puerto Viejo

 hiking through the forest in Puerto Viejo

 coolest little tree house/research place

little breakfast area in our hostel. In Puerto Viejo

      It has been a pretty good weekend. Of course it's had it's ups and it's downs, but I think for the most part it's had it's ups. So last Friday the 11th Veritas had a talent show. Originally I wasn't planning on going, but since I have no class on Fridays and no plans and Crystal, Jessica, Anisa, and Jane were going to be in the talent show I went. I was pleasantly surprised by all of the talent that was shared with everyone. I everyone who performed did a great job. Jessica, Anisa, and Crystal were in a literature class and their profesor writes his own poetry and not only that when he traveled to the USA he loved Arizona the most and more particularly the Navajos. Since Crystal is half Navajo he got very excited. Well in the talent show they read his poems in spanish then translate them to english and the last one Crystal read in Navajo. They had some pictures in the background with some music. It was just a cool ambiance.  After the talent show I just hung out at Crystal's house until she had to leave for her trip over the weekend. 
     The next day I left freakin' early for Puerto Viejo with my Alternative Health Class.  After a nice long drive (like 4 hours) we made it there. When we got there this indigenous man took us on a hike through the forest/jungle area.  It had rained that day so of course it was very muddy. After a nice long 1-1 1/2 hour walk through mud and lots of hills and falling we made it to this like house, research area which basically looked like a huge giant tree house. It was so awesome. The guide fed us a tasty lunch then we walked up to this really cool tower where we could see all around. It was just incredible and beautiful.  After a short walk back...you'd think that since it took like an hour or more to get to the place it would take like an hour back, but nope that of course was not the case it took like 20 min maybe. But during the walk home it started pouring..of course!! But it was all just hilarious and we were able to see so much beautiful nature and animals. That night we stayed in the coolest hostel which kind of looked like a huge tree house also. It was just super neat. I liked it. 
    The next day we just went to the beach and hung out. We took this cool walk up to this point at the beach and it was just incredible. I don't have any pictures of it, but it was just such a beautiful view. Then we headed home. It was a good weekend...I needed a good weekend like that. Before I left I was kind of stressing out because of money situation and trying to think of what to get everyone for Christmas and then just being homesick. I think not having a lot to do lately and just sitting at home has made me really homesick. But luckily for me Crystal, Anisa, and Jessica don't have morning class any longer so we can start running more together and just walk around. I would just like to keep busy for the next 30 days I'm in Costa Rica. 
   This past week has been good, but a little slow. Happy for me my money has come in so I don't have to worry about that anymore! WOOT WOOT! I also was able to apply for housing at GCU and even got housing in the apartments and not in the dorms! YAY for me I got so lucky. I may be rooming with some random girl i don't know, but at least I don't have to live with a random girl in the dorms. 
    Today was a great day. I woke up to beautiful weather with a beautiful blue sky, a little breeze and warmth. So I really didn't want to spend all of my time indoors. And any time I did spend indoors today I had my window open and my curtains up so I could enjoy the weather from my room. We just all went to a park and talked and enjoyed the sun. When we were leaving this sweet lady that we had seen earlier and talked to a bit came by and asked us if we liked ice cream and handed us these ice cream bars. It was just a sweet simple act of kindness, but it was great. She made 3 girls days.  Then later Crystal came by and we went and got some lunch/snacks together. And now there are fireworks being lit that I can see through my window. It's pretty. Now tomorrow I'm going on a field trip with my Health Care class...but we have like no itinerary and I really have no idea where we are going. So it's going to be interesting. But you all have a great weekend! I love you all. Remember to smile:)

No comments:

Post a Comment