Thursday, December 8, 2011

Feliz Cumpleanos a Mi!

 so happy to see some cactus

 lots and lots of fruit 

just more fruit and veggies 

 My mamita and my cake:) 

 My present! 

 Me wearing my present!!!

ring and chocolate from two of the most amazing friends

   It has been a really good week.  On Sunday after sacrament meeting Crystal, Anisa and I went to La Feria or a farmers market. It was really cool. I put some pictures above from La Feria. There was a TON of fruit and veggies. I had a lot of fun just looking around...there were some weird fruits and veggies I've never seen and lots that I do know. I had a lot of fun just walking around and enjoying the day and all the different foods. On the way out I bought a bag of blackberries for only $1. It was so awesome and they were AMAZING! I think Anisa and I are going to go back this Sunday so I can get some more.  After a nice day of exploring we all went home and bummed around the rest of the day.  
  On Monday after running in the morning we went to the artisan market to finish our shopping...I ALMOST finished just have to go tomorrow to get one more thing and then go to the grocery store to get some salsa and stuff to bring home. But anyways while we were there we saw two sister missionaries and started talking to them. One was from Utah and the other from Honduras. It was neat seeing them and being able to talk with them.  
   On Tuesday I just worked on my PT presentation all morning and got it all ready for the next day.  Then just went to school and did all that normal jazz and hung out with Crystal for a while.  So my mamita left for LA for a month yesterday so on Tuesday night we had a big dinner with all her family...it was like a big Christmas dinner and then also slash Rachel's birthday dinner. It was just really fun and tasty.  Then after they brought me out cake which was very tasty and gave me a present which turned out to be a red hat that says Costa Rica on it. They are just a bunch of sweeties doing all of that for me. I just appreciate them so much. I am so blessed to have such a GREAT host family here. I couldn't ask for any better.  
  Well yesterday was my birthday...big 21 now haha. Don't really feel older. But it was a great day. I appreciate everyone who said happy birthday and even those who couldn't or didn't know. I just love you all. I won't up to Feliz Cumpleanos on my door from my wonderful roommate. She is just great! So that morning I just prepared for my big presentation. Went to school and gave it...talking for an hour felt like forever in some ways and not so bad in others. I don't think I would be a good teacher though.  My teacher really liked my presentation though. She said she could tell I really knew my stuff and when students had questions I was able to answer then rather than looking to her for help. So that was awesome. After class Crystal, Anisa and I went to Mulitplaza for dinner and dessert. I pigged out. But I got up to get something and when I came back under a napkin was something hard, so I moved it and there was this ring and the chocolate that is above!  I had been admiring that ring like the last 2 times we went there and on the last time was just going to go buy it but when I went back it was gone...so I was a tiny bit sad. But instead my two great friends bought it for me. Aren't they just the best? I'm so grateful for them and all of their friendship they are just amazing! But after dinner Anisa and I bought this DELICIOUS crepe and devoured that. When I came home my roommate gave me this cute homemade calendar that counts down the days that I have left in Costa Rica and on each day it has a little Christmas song that she wrote on in Spanish and just lots of cute Christmas drawings. It was very sweet of her. So needless to say it was just a wonderful birthday. 
   Today has been good. Just been relaxing. And went to my last Alternative Health class. That class wasn't always my favorite so I am happy to be done with it. I mean I learned some good stuff and my teacher was very nice it was just a little unorganized and crazy sometimes.  Then Crystal came over to use my computer and now I'm here just listening and watching some fireworks go off and looking at the moon enjoying a beautiful chilly night in Costa Rica. I am quite excited to head home though. I can't wait to see my family and friends and my sweet boyfriend. only 20 days...well almost 19 now I guess and 10 or almost 9 days until I head to Honduras. I am excited. Hope everyone has a pleasant night and a lovely weekend. LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment