Monday, December 12, 2011

Time is drawing to a close

At this very moment I now have 5 days and about 12 hours until I leave Costa Rica. It's crazy how time can fly and be so slow at the same time. I can't believe it's been 3 1/2 months here, but I also now am just waiting and waiting to go home. I'm ready to go home. I miss home and my family and my sweet boyfriend and my friends. But through this experience here I've learned so much Spanish and have gained a lot of confidence in it. Before I came here I knew a lot, but I wouldn't really put what I knew into practice and now I would have no problem trying to communicate with someone...even though my Spanish isn't all that great. But I have also learned a lot about myself while being here. I've learned what some of my strengths are and some of my weaknesses. I've learned a lot about accepting others and realizing that every person has a story and different struggles in their lives and acts for different reasons. I have felt how important it is to surround myself with good friends who uplift and bring happiness to my life. There are some great ones here who can definitely put a smile on my face. I have made so many great friends here who I am going to miss so much, but also have made two great friends who will be right back in the valley with me. I can't wait to make more memories with them back home. While being here I have really had to just open myself up and find out what it is I want in life. I've felt my relationship with my sweet boyfriend grow even though it has been one of the hardest things to do to be away from him for so long. And I just really appreciate my family and all the support they give me. I have felt my testimony grow in lengths. The church is true! I know it is no matter in what language or in what part of the world. I've been blessed with so much. Costa Rica has blessed me and opened my eyes to all my blessings and taught me so much. Pura Vida
  This past weekend Anisa and I finished my Christmas shopping officially and also all the little food items I wanted to bring home. So finally no more worrying about that. On Saturday we went to the Festival de la Luz which is the biggest parade/festival they have here. We left at 3 to find a place because boy oh boy there were soooo many people there. The festival was supposed to start at 6 but by 6:40 we had only seen fireworks and some like people walking, but no big floats with lights. Anisa hurt her leg running with us and all that standing was really hurting her leg and by this time I was kind of sick of the cultural experience....that's what I called having all these people touch me and stand so close to me. One lady seriously had her fat belly/bladder thing right on my butt and her boobs on my back while this other lady had her baby basically laying on my back and just lots of touching and closeness and pushing so kind of annoying. So anyways by this time we were tired of it and her leg really hurt so we left. Good thing too because she barely could make it home. I felt really bad for her.
  On Sunday I had my last time in my ward here. It was a good Sunday the lessons in Sacrament were very good. All about having the Spirit of Christmas in our lives and Remembering Christ and Having Gratitude in our Hearts Always. It was really good. Then later that night my Relief Society President and Counselor came over and gave me a present and one for Crystal. It was just the sweetest thing. Even here Relief Society is the same. The sisters just serve and love others. I loved me ward here they were so great. I have been blessed in so many ways.
  Now time is drawing to a close I realize that it is not so much the beaches or the places in Costa Rica, but the people. My family here and all the friends that I have made and been blessed to know. They have all made me a better person by knowing them. Thankfully we have facebook to keep in contact right?
I hope that all who have read this weren't too bored with all I had to say and got a little bit of what life was like in Costa Rica. I hope someday I can return to this beautiful land with my sweet boy. I love you all! Have a good night

No comments:

Post a Comment