Saturday, December 3, 2011

Never again

   On Thursday we had Family Day with our school.  It was up at a park near our school.  All of the international students and their families went to the park with a dish to share with everybody. My mamita made arroz con leche and it was soooo delicious....I wish I had some more right now. It was a good time. We played some games and just hung out and talked with each other.  I love just spending time with my mamita. I'll be sad when she leaves. She is leaving on December 7(my birthday) for the USA to spend a month with her granddaughter there.  She just had a baby so my mom is excited to see the baby and have time with her family.  So family day was a lot of fun. I'm glad the school does something like that for us and for our families.
  Friday Crystal, Anisa and I went to the Artisan market to finish our Christmas shopping. I was pretty determined to get it finished...thankfully I have another weekend since I didn't get it finished but I got most of it finished which is really good. Only really have to buy for my dad and get a few other small things.  Christmas shopping is hard sometimes, so I hope everyone likes my gifts.
  Today I went shopping with my tica family. Never again. Considering I have family from Honduras and I sort of remember going shopping with them and just the different culture I should have known it would have been the process.  But anyways we went to this mall. First store we got to...spent who knows how long there. Way too long that I do know. I think my mamita and her daughter looked at every piece of jewelry in that store. And every store after that was exactly the same. I went along just in case we went some place where I could buy contact solution but we didn't go anywhere like that so I'll just have to take a taxi to Wal-Mart this next week. I guess shopping wasn't totally bad. I got out of the house for a while and wasn't a bum all day. I need to get out and do things more because otherwise this last two weeks here I think is going to drag on. I am quite excited to go to Honduras. Then home!!! only 14 more days in a few hours till Honduras and 24 days till home. I really cannot wait. I have loved it here and learned so so much, but it is just time. I need to go home. I'm getting quite homesick. But it'll come before I know it. I can't believe I've been here over 3 month now. Just is crazy. Time does fly sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment