Saturday, December 17, 2011

My last day

 Anisa buy 22 bags of coffee for her mommy

 me in front of my house

 hugging the gate...I'll miss opening the gate

 "action shot"

 My front door 

Anisa and my last time together in Costa Rica

   I can't believe it. It's my last day in Costa Rica. I've been waiting for this day because I miss my sweet boy and my family, but at the same time it came so fast. This last week has been very relaxing and in some ways boring because I haven't had a whole lot to do. It's really tried my patience. Anisa and I went to the Auto Mercado on Thursday so she could buy some coffee for her mom. It was hilarious seeing her put all of it in her basket and then check out with 22 bags of coffee. I was dying laughing the whole time.  After finishing all of her last minute shopping we got lunch for the last time together. Yesterday was Anisa's last day in Costa Rica was during a little break from her packing we went and got a donut. I'll miss the donuts here. And now it's today and I finished all my packing. 
  I'm so grateful for the opportunity to have come here and met all the amazing people I did. Who knew that so many people could all be put and grouped together in one school. I'm grateful for my wonderful family here. I don't know if I ever really described them, but my mama tica here has 5 kids. 4 of whom I know. There is Javier, Sergio, Ronald, and Marcela. Our house always has someone here whether it is one of her kids or some of her grandkids. I wouldn't have it any other way though because it's so homey and comfortable. My family opened their home to me and loved me and helped me so much with my Spanish. I will really miss them. Through the past 4 months I have learned to live with little. It's amazing to me how much stuff I have at home that I don't have here and didn't need here. When I get home I'm going to do some serious house cleaning. I have learned much and grown even more. Each person I have met here has touched my life in their own special way. I will miss Costa Rica, but I am excited to move onto the next chapter in my life. Tomorrow I'll be with my family in Honduras and in 11 days I'll be home in my sweet boys arms and with the parents and siblings I love so much. I cannot wait. Thank you all for following my experiences here. I love each one of you. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hopefully I'll get some pictures of the rest of my family here before I leave and be able to put them up. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment